Central Europe 15 Salzburg


 I’m short on photos today. It rained pretty much the whole day so I walked around and spent a lot of time eating and drinking coffee. I had some apple strudel, very good! We saw Red Bull factory yesterday. I guess it originates in Austria. 

Our guide yesterday said they are extremely wealthy. Not only do they have their own plane but they also have their own runway. She said a number of years ago they flew in the real Marie VonTrapp in from the US for some special dedication. She was over 90 years old. That is the daughter Marie, not the mother. The real VonTrapp family actually moved to the US after their escape from Austria. Some interesting trivia. :)

My last train ride tomorrow. Vienna. The forecast is looking good so that’s a bonus.

Shawn (to be continued)